Monday 21 January 2013

Konad Stamping!

One of the first things I discovered when I first got into Nail Art, looking at blogs, Konad was a big thing. I was desperate to get my hands on a kit, but due to not having pennies, I wasn't able to play.

For Christmas, my Boyfriends Brother got me an Amazon voucher, and after a month of umm'ing & aww'ing, I went for a starter kit.

I was literally like a little girl when it came, it's so diddy & pretty:


It also came with some Rhinestones, however I was a little disappointed that they didn't come in their own tub it's loose in the plastic with a sticker covers so as to stop them escaping, so they're not in the following photo:


It's so shiny & pretty. The nail varnishes that came with it are the tiniest bottles I have ever seen, but to be honest, paying around the £8 mark, I wasn't expecting a lot. Luckily, you aren't limited to only using Konad Polishes. 

I still have my Orange Butterfly nails on from yesterday, & really didn't want to remove them just yet. I still wanted to play, so my friend, Megan stepped up to the challenge of being my model. 

It's so much easier than I thought it would be. It took a couple of attempts to get the stamper to pick up the design, but that was just trial & error. Once I figured out to roll the stamper on the plate there was no trouble.

Megan decided on a purple base & we went for gold for the print. Sticking with my Butterfly theme I have going, we went for a little one, these are the results:



Please excuse the lack of tidying up. I had a go, but I'm a lot sicker than yesterday, & my lungs were having none of it, so Megan took over on the clean up. Lovely girl,  but blind as a bat. It is a New Years Resolution of mine to make sure I do a proper clean up, but I'm hoping you forgive me this once. 

I love the little design, it's so delicate & yummy. The Barry M Gold foil worked beautifully. I'm not particularly keen on the base coat, but it's not me that has to wear them, so I cant really complain about that too much. (Still can't help focusing on the mess around the nail!)

I can't wait to experiment more, & have plenty of ideas, but not enough hands to play with, so it will be periodically.

I was also very naughty, & got myself a Matte top coat. Seriously, so many ideas. Looking forwad to sharing them with you.

Catch you laters!

x






No comments:

Post a Comment