Wednesday 13 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

It's here!!! One of my most favourite days of the year. Now, I must confess, we don't actually celebrate Valentines Day as such. I get all excited, but the Mr, not so much. However this year, he's cooking me dinner! I know it doesn't sound like much, but due to his disability, he can't stand for long periods of time, & he can easily fall if his hip locks, but he's said this year he's attempting it. For most people it will be the norm, but when you have a disabled partner, these small things actually mean the most. That isn't to say I wont have my phone at the ready to call for an ambulance if he manages to set the place alight!

Onto my nails! We got all our things back from Alans sister, & I had FIFTY nail polishes, all of which seem to be in a good condition. Happy Kay! I broke a couple of nails sorting things out, but because I worked so hard, I decided to treat myself & sort out my extensions. Took me bloody ages. Where it's not something you need to do very often, it's hard to practice. Still pretty nails again, although I've gone shorter than usual.

I've been undecided about what mani to have for the big 14/02. In the end, I decided to Water Marble again. It's fun, & the results are pretty. Plus the more you do it, the better you become.





Super bad clean up job, but I considering how time consuming this technique is, & how late it is, there was no way I was taking a chance of ruining the design & starting again. Luckily, you can't tell in real life, it's only in the extra large imaging it show.

I'm still having trouble with the air bubbles on a couple of nails. Any girls have any advice? The water I used was freezing, considering it's been snowing outside & we have no heating, that was only to be expected. It hasn't gone too bad.


I used the Sally Hansen Lavender as my base colour, then used all three SHs in the water marbling. I then went over with the Miss Sporty Pink glitter, finishing with the Top Coat. Easy Peasy!

I hope all you girls have an amazing Valentines Day. & because it is the day of love, let me be mushy & add a pic of me & the Mr.




7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much :) I hope your V-Day is amazing too. x

      Delete
  2. Great water marble. One of these days I am going to have to dip my tips in the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Do it! I love the results of water marble, so pretty. <3 x

      Delete
  3. Love this! Love the sparkle over the top especially. Your new extensions look fab too, very natural! Happy val day to you and Alan x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I wish I'd taken a photo before I put pretty sparkles on top, it completely changed the look. I love it, so much infact, that I shall not be changing it today! I love these nail lengths too. I had to go long before, because, ooooh,long nails. I'm over that now haha. Happy V day to you & Jonathan too! xx

      Delete
  4. Loving the water marbling , I do wish I had the patience for this , its wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete